Miss Letour is a happily divorced woman who is learning to be herself again. She loves exploring new places, experiencing different cultures/traditions, and meeting kindred souls across the globe. At this stage, she is celebrating life with uninhibited joy and curiosity while searching for beauty in the obscure and mundane. Although she works within an exceedingly regimented field, Miss Letour’s spirit wanders free and lighthearted. As retirement approaches, she daydreams of roaming the Camino de Santiago, Appalachian Trail, or setting adrift on an unknown course to see where exactly she ends up.
She doesn’t normally visit the same place twice because there is too much to see and do in this world. Miss Letour is a self-proclaimed adrenaline junkie, having faced her fears of skydiving over Alabama, parasailing in Florida, paragliding across Rio de Janiero waters, cage diving with great white sharks in South Africa, walking with lions in Zimbabwe, polar bear plunge in Barrow Alaska, bungee jumping in Japan, entering the “cage of death” with crocodiles in Australia, sky walking in Macau, and ziplining through Thailand.
Nowadays she’s more grounded and finds serenity in hiking, preferably up mountains (or hills). Mt Fuji is her all-time favorite, having summited it twice in 2012 & 2015. Miss Letour dreams of climbing Mt Kilimanjaro, but is currently confined to New England where she plans to hike Katahdin in 2018. Elevation gain clears her head. She is a PTSD survivor and cheers all who confront their own unique personal battles.
Miss Letour is also a certified PADI Rescue Diver with logged bottom-time in Palau, Guam, Okinawa, Australia, and the States. Diving beneath the waves, synchronizes her mermaid sensibility and is the closest she’s come to pure peace.
Through these pages and blog, Miss Letour aims to capture her previous adventures while creating new memories and strengthening her personal resolve to be a better person than she was the day before.
- wan·der (ˈwändər/) verb. walk or move in a leisurely, casual, or aimless way.
- whim (h)wim/) noun. a sudden desire or change of mind, especially one that is unusual or unexplained.
- wild (ˈwī(-ə)ld) adjective. living in a state of nature and not ordinarily tame or domesticated.
- won·der (ˈwəndər/) noun. a feeling of surprise mingled with admiration, caused by something beautiful, unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable.
* Reveal * Optimal Living Daily * The Love Cast with Jamal * TEDtalks * Radiolab * Hidden Brain * Planet Money * Stuff You Should Know * Stuff You Missed in History Class * Stuff They Don’t Want You to Know * The History Chicks *
Do you recommend any others?
As I’m learning, if you have constructive feedback, I gladly welcome it in order to become a better writer and blogger. Thank you for stopping by!